Friday, November 25, 2011

Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon 2010



I bought this wine for Halloween (think: devil) but didn't have the chance to drink it until now.

It was definitely worth the wait, and the extra cash spent (a whole 8 euros, I know - broke the bank on this one)! Delicioso. Very much like a Tempranillo, not too sweet, not too dry. A little spicy, but not devilishly spicy (wink, wink). It was bought on the same trip to Spar that featured the delicious Hiedler Veltliner.  All in all, a great round of purchases, I think.

Their website has a lackluster commercial in league with Manchester United (...in league with - get it? OK, so it's not all that clever) that probably fared a lot better with South American audiences than with me. Perhaps you need to be a real fútbol fan and not just a poseur (i.e. me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment