Saturday, May 7, 2011

Polgár Kadarka Siller 2009

The second wine from Hungary, Polgár Kadarka Siller (2009) is a rosé made from the Kadarka grape.


As far as rosés go, this wine is dry, slightly tart, with a bouquet of raspberries. Great on its own, or with food. I made vegetarian tacos from a mix to have with my Polgár Kadarka Siller (not the most elegant choice, but whatever). I would recommend something better...their website has some suggestions.


Definitely an improvement on the Kékfrancos also bought on this trip. At 1650 Forint (~ €7) per bottle, it is a bit pricier, but worth the extra €3 or so for the superior taste.

For those of you who only drink white wine (SHAME ON YOU!), I would definitely recommend getting to know a rosé or two - on a trial basis, if need be. You'll get all the comforts of a white wine (chilled, slightly sweeter depending on the variety) but made from a red grape. The process is complicated, but basically they take the skins off halfway through the fermentation process. Once you've gotten used to the taste of rosé,  trust me, you'll be ready for red.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new "Reactions" CB, but my computer doesn't support reading the bottom two (all I can see is dry-sweet-refreshing-complex). Is there any way you can fix that? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up and just changed them. You are welcome to mess with it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete